Friday, April 23, 2010

On Another Blog I Follow...

...that some of you may all know, someone made a comment to the effect of -won't he scare the other kids- referring to a little boy with some facial reconstruction and a glass eye whom had visitors at his home. The mother of this child responded appropriately, and more politely than I would have I think. My response would have been along the lines of: oh grow up! This isn't grade school anymore -- and you know what, even most grade school kids are not so superficial! How absolutely SHALLOW and what sort of a person, an adult even, could ridicule the physical differences of a little boy too young to even understand them???? This is a safe version, in this stance I might be a little more descriptive if this wasn't a public blog.

I mean, really, this sort of thing sets me off. What kind of human would say that about a little boy's differences when he has no control over how he was born? It feels almost racist to me -- to judge someone's physical features because they are white or black is, but apparently someone with cosmetic facial differences or any differences is not? Call me extreme, call me what you like, but know that it will be deleted/won't be published if you do choose to react negatively. That's not what this is about.

I think you are adorable little one, the little boy mentioned and Mara alike. You two have a beauty that goes beyond 'face' value. Always, always remember that.

No comments: