Sunday, January 24, 2010

Edging in on my "Something Crazy"

In the light of my last post I've spoken with two of you, there is one more I would still like to talk to about my 'Something Crazy' thought. But in light of my last post I've been shaking like a leaf with the idea that this is a real thought, and I, whom am extremely prone to having absolutely no motivation what so ever and whom greatly literally shies away from all forms of confrontation -- will have to face head on. This is a matter of courage, by far not just a dream, the only thing I keep thinking is despite everything else that has got to fall into place. If it is meant to be, God will clear these hurdles. If not, I will know that answer as well.

But in gaining this courage, not even really striving to gain it, its sort of like, its just rising out of no where for lack of better words, I have been searching to know if this is something I am supposed to really go do. But i feel encouraged [more on this thought in a later post].

I found the following this morning through another blog's link. But on the 22 of January the author of this blog wrote:

"Then the King will say to those on his right, 'Come, you who are blessed by my Father; take your inheritance, the kingdom prepared for you since the creation of the world. For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.'

Then the righteous will answer him, 'Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink? When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you? When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you?'

The King will reply, 'I tell you the truth, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of mine, you did for me.'

Then he will say to those on his left, 'Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels. For I was hungry and you gave me nothing to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me nothing to drink, I was a stranger and you did not invite me in, I needed clothes and you did not clothe me, I was sick and in prison and you did not look after me.'
They also will answer, 'Lord, when did we see you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or needing clothes or sick or in prison, and did not help you?' He will reply, ‘I tell you the truth, whatever you did not do for the least of these brother’s of mine, you did not do for me.’

Then they will go away to eternal punishment, but the righteous to eternal life.”

I BELIEVE that when Jesus said, “I tell you the TRUTH,” He meant just that, that His words were true and He wasn’t kidding. YES, I believe that I am saved by faith through GRACE. Grace that is freely given and cannot be earned by anything I do. But I also believe that sometimes we rely so heavily on the Grace of God to cover our sins that we blatantly disobey His word and feel ok about it. “Depart from me you who are cursed into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels.” THAT is what Jesus will say to those of us who do not care for the least of these. I believe this is true because I believe His word is true, EVERY word is true, plain and simple. That is a heavy, heartbreaking thought. How often have we neglected you, Lord?

“I’m sick,” He said, “will you look after me? Will you invite me in?”

Yes."


Ever get the feeling you were supposed to read something when the moment was just so? Isn't it funny how it shows up right when you need it.

Okay God, that goes for me too.

Take care everyone. I will break my silence to what I am thinking soon. But I think you already know. Have a good day today.

No comments: